Raspberry Chocolate Mousse
If you're looking for a rich, chocolaty dessert, look no further. Quick and easy to make, the only hard part is waiting for it to chill! —Steffany Lohn, Brentwood, CA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup raspberry liqueur or seedless raspberry jam
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups cream and sugar; cook over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook over low heat until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. Do not allow to boil.
- Immediately remove from heat. Stir in chocolate, liqueur and vanilla until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, at least 2 hours.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining cream until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Serve with raspberries. If desired, top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.