- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Dissolve cocoa in water; let stand until cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with cocoa mixture.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups half full. Drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam into the center of each; cover with 2 teaspoons batter. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the chocolate portion comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews forRaspberry-Chocolate Mini Muffins
"I make these without the coarse sugar. Very light and delicious! I love the raspberry filling."