Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain tuna, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with remaining marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with grilled tuna.
Nutrition Facts1 tuna steak with 1-1/2 cups salad: 282 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jan 24, 2019
Flavor was good but we overcooked our tuna and it was it a bit tough. I'd love to try again with fresher tuna and monitor the cook time more closely.
Nov 20, 2015
really good flavor
Apr 7, 2010
This was a great and easy recipe. I made this under the broiler. My husband is dieabetic and was really great for his diet.
Jun 29, 2008