Raspberry-Chili Tuna on Greens
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons Thai chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn romaine
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for dressing.
- Drain tuna, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, carrot and cucumber; drizzle with remaining marinade and toss to coat. Divide among four plates. Top with grilled tuna.
Nutrition Facts1 tuna steak with 1-1/2 cups salad: 282 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 390mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Nov 20, 2015
really good flavor
Apr 7, 2010
This was a great and easy recipe. I made this under the broiler. My husband is dieabetic and was really great for his diet.
Jun 29, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.