Raspberry Chicken Salad
"This pretty summer salad is a snap to make, but it looks as though you fussed," writes Sue Zimonick of Green Bay, Wisconsin. The slightly tart dressing also serves as a basting sauce, which gives the thin slices of tender chicken breast a nice fruit flavor.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vinegar; set aside 3/4 cup for dressing. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with remaining raspberry mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange greens and onion on salad plates. Slice chicken; place over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with raspberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (2 cups greens with 1 chicken breast half and 3 tablespoons dressing): 320 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Jul 18, 2010
This has been our favorite summer chicken salad for years! It's so quick and simple. I like to add some feta cheese and chopped peacans to the salad too. If I don't happen to have raspberry vinegar on hand I use white wine vinegar.