Raspberry Cheesecake Pie
Topped with bright berries, this pretty pie from Beverly Coyde of Gasport, New York has a creamy fresh-tasting filling that is not overly sweet.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 pastry shell (10 inches), unbaked
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a blender, combine cottage cheese and milk; cover and process until smooth. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cottage cheese mixture, flour and vanilla. Beat in eggs just until blended. Pour into pastry shell (pie will be full). Sprinkle with 1/2 cup raspberries; gently press into filling with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the center is almost set (cover edges loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top with whipped cream and remaining raspberries. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 359 calories, 25g fat (14g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cheesecake Pie in Taste of Home August/September 2002