Raspberry Cake Hearts
Come Valentine's Day, Tisha Cottman knows that this pretty dessert is the way to her family's heart. "It's such a simple way to say 'I love you'," writes the Broken Arrow, Oklahoma homemaker of her annual treat. Best of all, each fun little heart takes only minutes to assemble from purchased snack cakes and can be prepared ahead of time. "It's sure to impress those you care about," Tisha adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 individual cream-filled sponge cakes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Mint sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, lightly toss together raspberries and sugar; set aside. Slice two sponge cakes diagonally widthwise in same direction. Slice remaining cakes diagonally in the opposite direction.
- On each of four dessert plates, place two oppositely cut sponge cake wedges together to form a heart. Garnish with whipped topping and reserved raspberry mixture. Add mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Cake Hearts in Country Woman January/February 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.