Raspberry Butter Torte
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups raspberry cake and pastry filling
- Chocolate curls
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in chopped almonds. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake as directed. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup raspberry filling and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers.
- Place remaining frosting in a pastry bag with a star tip #195. Decorate top and sides of cake as desired. Garnish with chocolate curls. Sprinkle with sliced almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 464 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
May 9, 2011
This is excellent. I made it for dessert for Mother's Day and everyone loved it.
Dec 11, 2008
I first made this a couple of years ago for my manager's birthday. It was a HIT! I couldn't believe something that was so easy to put together tasted so decadent and looked so professional! This has become a staple cake for me, for special occasions and other events.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.