VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs
- 2-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Cover and cook on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1 minute longer; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, 1-3/4 cups sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes. Beat in melted chocolate. Add flour; beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 9-in. pie plates. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
- In a bowl, combine raspberries and remaining sugar; mash gently. Place mixture in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon; discard seeds and pulp. Add lemon juice to raspberry puree; refrigerate until serving.
- Cut brownies into wedges; serve with ice cream and raspberry sauce. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Brownies A La Mode in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p36