Raspberry Angel Food Cake
Raspberry Angel Food Cake is a light dessert dotted with fresh raspberries recommended by Christine Wallat of Greenfield, Wisconsin.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 10 egg whites
- 1-1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy; beat in cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add the extracts. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff, scraping bowl occasionally. Sift flour over beaten whites; sprinkle with berries. Gently fold flour and raspberries into batter until well mixed. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert the pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 65 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Raspberry Angel Food Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.