Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- FILLING :
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press one side into chopped almonds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets, almond side up. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Make an indentation in center of each; fill with 1/4 teaspoon preserves. Cover with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 216 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 2, 2019
These cookies are PERFECT just as the recipe is! They are always a hit with everyone that tries them. I love that you can really taste the almond flavor - very different than other fruit cookies I make which typically call for vanilla extract. The only thing I do is I dust them with a little powdered sugar right before serving. Not that they're not sweet enough already - I just think they make a prettier presentation on the cookie tray.
Dec 14, 2017
I was thinking of making these but putting Nutella inside instead of creamcheese/raspberry . Not sure Any ideas
Dec 11, 2017
Wow! Just wow! Such amazing cookies. I used apricot preserves instead of raspberry because I forgot to check for it before I went to town. Also I must have been a little more generous with the filling. I had a few cookies leftover. That's ok because they are incredible alone.
Jan 3, 2015
The almond and raspberry combination is terrific. At Christmas, I typically make 10-12 different types of cookies and will definitely add these to my list next year.