Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- FILLING :
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press one side into chopped almonds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets, almond side up. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of a glass.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth. Place rounded teaspoonfuls of filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Make an indentation in center of each; fill with 1/4 teaspoon preserves. Cover with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 216 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 14, 2017
I was thinking of making these but putting Nutella inside instead of creamcheese/raspberry . Not sure Any ideas
Dec 11, 2017
Wow! Just wow! Such amazing cookies. I used apricot preserves instead of raspberry because I forgot to check for it before I went to town. Also I must have been a little more generous with the filling. I had a few cookies leftover. That's ok because they are incredible alone.
Jan 3, 2015
The almond and raspberry combination is terrific. At Christmas, I typically make 10-12 different types of cookies and will definitely add these to my list next year.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.