Raspberry Almond Rounds
Folks will find these nutty raspberry rounds so enticing you may not want to divulge that the "secret" to their success begins with refrigerated biscuit dough! These sweet treats bake up in a hurry, so they're great to serve when unexpected company drops in.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Brush butter on both sides of biscuits. Place on a greased baking sheet or in a greased 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with sugar.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8-in.to 1/2-in. deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with a rounded teaspoon of preserves.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 181 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Rounds in 1997 Taste of Home Calendar