Folks will find these nutty raspberry rounds so enticing you may not want to divulge that the "secret" to their success begins with refrigerated biscuit dough! These sweet treats bake up in a hurry, so they're great to serve when unexpected company drops in.
Recommended: 21 Favorite Iced Tea Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (7-1/2 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Brush butter on both sides of biscuits. Place on a greased baking sheet or in a greased 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with sugar.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8-in.to 1/2-in. deep indentation in the center of each biscuit; fill with a rounded teaspoon of preserves.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Rounds in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p3