- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually bet in sugar. Beat in water, 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with greased waxed paper. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and remaining extracts until soft peaks form. Place half of the whipped cream in another bowl and refrigerate. Chop 1 cup almonds; fold into remaining cream. Unroll cake; spread with jam to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread with almond mixture. Reroll. Place, seam side down, on a serving plate. Frost with chilled whipped cream. Garnish with remaining almonds and raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry-Almond Jelly Roll
"Make sure you grease the wax paper well, very tasty. Janet. VFE"
"Lovely and delicious. Plan to make again for Valentine's Day. Will add some fresh berries with the jam to brighten the flavor. Always get recipe requests when I serve this."