- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/4 cups blanched slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually bet in sugar. Beat in water, 1 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with greased waxed paper. Spread batter evenly in pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream, confectioners' sugar and remaining extracts until soft peaks form. Place half of the whipped cream in another bowl and refrigerate. Chop 1 cup almonds; fold into remaining cream. Unroll cake; spread with jam to within 1/2 in. of edges. Spread with almond mixture. Reroll. Place, seam side down, on a serving plate. Frost with chilled whipped cream. Garnish with remaining almonds and raspberries and mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forRaspberry-Almond Jelly Roll
"Lovely and delicious. Plan to make again for Valentine's Day. Will add some fresh berries with the jam to brighten the flavor. Always get recipe requests when I serve this."