Raspberry-Almond Crescent Cookies
My flaky, two-bite crescent cookies are sensational treats. Filled with raspberry preserves, coconut and almonds, they might remind you of rugelach.—Kelly Williams, Forked River, NJ
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse sugar
- Place flour in a large bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, whisk egg yolk, sour cream and vanilla until smooth; stir into flour mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix raspberry jam, coconut, almonds and extract until blended. On a well-sugared surface, roll each portion of dough into a 10-in. circle. Spread about 1/3 cup filling over circles. Cut each into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, point side down; curve to form crescents. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Originally published as Raspberry Almond Crescent Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.