Raspberry Almond Cheesecake
My son requests this cheesecake for his birthday cake every year, and our school auction committee asks me to make it for their annual auction. It's definitely one of the best cheesecakes I make. —Diane Schumann, Fredonia, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 2 cups vanilla wafers (about 60 wafers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Triple Sec
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the Triple Sec, extract and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Remove 1 cup batter to a small bowl; stir in spreadable fruit and extract until well blended. Pour plain batter over crust. Drop raspberry batter by tablespoons over plain batter; spread evenly. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 325° until almost set and top appears dull, 50-60 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- For topping, combine all the ingredients; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.