- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry extract
- 5 to 8 drops food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 2 tablespoons whole pink peppercorns, crushed
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a large star tip. Fill bag with egg white mixture. Pipe 1-1/4-in.-diameter cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until set and dry. (Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.) Remove to wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with peppercorns. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forRaspberry & Pink Peppercorn Meringues
"Could never get stiff peaks to form. Will no make again."
"I haven't made these yet but I just hvae to say these are SO pretty!!"
"Pink peppercorns have a uniquely pungent and slightly sweet flavor. You can find them on-line and in many of the finer spice isles."
"I can't even find sugar crystals where I live. Only already tinted very expensive ones."
"I came to the site to read the reviews, and there aren't any!!!recipiehnd"
"You could substitute peppermint extract and use crushed peppermint candies instead of the pink peppercorns."
"Pink peppercorns can be found atwww.penzeys.com. They ship their spices.They may have a store near you also.You might also try Whole Foods if you have one in your area."
"For the peppercorns, you could buy a multi colored pepper mix and pull out the pink/red ones."
"google pink pepper corns and you can buy them put in the $5 one and you can get small amounts of it,"
"yes cbut where do u find the pink peppercorns at"