Rapid Raspberry Torte
I always have the ingredients for this torte on hand so I can make this dessert at a moment's notice. Whipped cream and lemon pudding are combined in the fluffy topping for this yummy pound cake that's layered with raspberry jam.—Ruth Peterson, Jenison, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) lemon pudding
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, divided
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pudding in a bowl; fold in whipped cream.
- Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half the jam. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer. Cut into slices; dollop with pudding mixture.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hunt's Snack Pack lemon pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 234 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Rapid Raspberry Torte in Taste of Home October/November 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.