VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 snack-size cups (3-1/2 ounces each) lemon pudding*
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, divided
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Place pudding in a bowl; fold in whipped cream. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Spread half of the jam over the bottom layer; repeat layers. Top with third cake layer. Cut into slices; dollop with pudding mixture. Yield: 7-10 servings.
Originally published as Rapid Raspberry Torte in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p49