Ranch Yogurt Dip
This creamy concoction is a perfect dip for a variety of colorful veggies. Served in a cabbage bowl, it's sure to draw attention on a buffet table. "My guests never notice that this is lower in fat and sodium than traditional ranch-style dips," writes Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve with fresh vegetables. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 79 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Ranch Yogurt Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.