Ranch Turkey Pasta Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 6 to 8 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in salad dressing mix until smooth. Add peas and carrots; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in turkey; cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 525 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 38g protein.
Apr 22, 2013
This is a simple & quick dish to make when you are pinched for time. I substitute turkey for canned chicken and it still tastes pretty good!
Nov 17, 2012
Our whole family liked it. This was easy to make and tasted better the next day as a cold salad. The first time we made it we only had spicy ranch dressing and chicken breasts. We have tried both and like the spicy better. Tastes even better with shredded Parmesan!
Jun 20, 2009
This is from the old Jan/Feb 2004 Quick Cooking and is a good one. I use a packet of dry Butter Buds reconstituted in 1/2 cup chicken broth instead of the butter and a frozen corn and black bean mix for the vegetables as some in my family don't care for green peas. I increase the vegetables to 3 cups and decrease the turkey or chicken to 2 cups. The fat goes way down to about 6 grams per serving and the calories to less than 350. Serve it with a green salad and crusty bread, for those who need it, and it is a very quick, substantial meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.