Even though I live in town, I have a feeling that this potato salad would be welcome fare at any ranch. It's a tasty, refreshing change from your typical potato salad. Serve it with pickled watermelon rinds and fresh biscuits for a great breakfast!
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 8 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cups ranch-style salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons minced watercress, optional
- In a skillet, brown sausage; drain. Add onion and red pepper; saute until tender. Add potatoes and eggs; heat through. Add dressing and watercress if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ranch-Style Potato Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p44