A blend of blue cheese and ranch salad dressings gives the vegetables in this salad a tangy taste. It makes a big batch, so I often take it to potlucks.—Marlene Thompson, Winchester, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (4 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into florets (3 cups)
- 4 to 6 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled or 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- Combine vegetables, bacon and cheese in a large salad bowl. Combine salad dressings; pour over salad and toss to mix. Chill.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 167 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Ranch Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.