After sampling some homemade crackers from friends a few years ago, I was inspired to add some ranch salad dressing mix to my basic roll recipe. This recipe was the mouthwatering result.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- CHEESE TOPPING:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add honey; let stand 5 minutes. Add the oil, sugar, 1 egg, salad dressing mix, salt, dill, 1 cup flour and remaining water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Place in greased muffin cups. Beat the remaining egg; brush over dough. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 318 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Ranch Rolls in Best of Country Breads
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.