Ranch Mushroom Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. or 14-in. serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with tomato, cheese, onion, mushrooms and olives. Serve with chips. Yield: about 8 cups.
When making Ranch Mushroom Dip for a party, prepare the cream cheese base and top with the beef mixture; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Before serving, all you need to do is sprinkle with toppings.