Ranch Mushroom Dip
Instead of the traditional sour cream base, this dip calls for French onion dip seasoned ranch salad dressing mix. Fresh mushrooms and tomatoes make each bite refreshingly different.— Barbara Harms, Valentine, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 8 cups
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the first three ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread on a 12-in. or 14-in. serving plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with tomato, cheese, onion, mushrooms and olives. Serve with chips.
When making Ranch Mushroom Dip for a party, prepare the cream cheese base and top with the beef mixture; refrigerate up to 24 hours. Before serving, all you need to do is sprinkle with toppings.
Originally published as Ranch Mushroom Dip in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.