Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn chips or crushed tortilla chips
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. in a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6 minutes or until the juices run clear. Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl or on individual plates. Top with cheese and chicken. Combine salad dressing and salsa; drizzle over chicken. Top with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 272 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 428mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Ranch Chicken Salad
"I've been making this salad since it first appeared in an issue many years ago. It couldn't be easier to make, and is always delicious. It's a hit with kids and adults."
"This is good. It is one of those recipes that you can follow the method and make as many or as few as you want. I only had one chicken breast half, so I seasoned it with chili powder and grilled it ( I thought that would taste better) when I had the grill fired up for another meal. I sliced it and placed it on two serving plates of lettuce and mixed equal amounts of ranch dressing and salsa (as much or as little as needed). I sprinkled a little cheese and crushed chips over each serving. Very good!"