- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup corn chips or crushed tortilla chips
- Sprinkle chicken with chili powder. in a skillet, cook chicken in oil for 6 minutes or until the juices run clear. Meanwhile, place salad greens in a large bowl or on individual plates. Top with cheese and chicken. Combine salad dressing and salsa; drizzle over chicken. Top with chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRanch Chicken Salad
"I've been making this salad since it first appeared in an issue many years ago. It couldn't be easier to make, and is always delicious. It's a hit with kids and adults."
"This is good. It is one of those recipes that you can follow the method and make as many or as few as you want. I only had one chicken breast half, so I seasoned it with chili powder and grilled it ( I thought that would taste better) when I had the grill fired up for another meal. I sliced it and placed it on two serving plates of lettuce and mixed equal amounts of ranch dressing and salsa (as much or as little as needed). I sprinkled a little cheese and crushed chips over each serving. Very good!"