Ranch Chicken and Cheddar Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. Place chicken on a greased broiler pan. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, divide salad greens among four dinner plates. Top each with celery, carrots, apple and cheese. Cut chicken into strips; arrange over salads. Drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition Facts3 cups: 320 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 784mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Mar 14, 2013
I only used 1 bag of spring mix and some iceburger letuce. We are not into the spring mix too much but this was great. Hubby even took left overs for lunch the next day. Will use again.
Mar 8, 2012
Oct 31, 2011
Takes the bland away from chicken, crisp, fresh, and filling. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Jun 15, 2010
First made this in April and since then it has been on the weekly menu about every other week! Easy to make and just delicious!!
Feb 28, 2010
We all loved this salad. I doubled it and was so glad I did! Made a great supper
Jul 29, 2009
I really liked this salad. My husband, is not much of a salad eater, even took some leftovers for lunch! I really like that it is so easy and quick.
Apr 4, 2009
I really like this salad, but I omitted the celery. The chicken is very flavorful and the apples offer a sweet contrast to the chicken. I recommend it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.