Ramen-Vegetable Beef Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package (3 ounces) beef ramen noodles
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, carrots and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and carrots are crisp-tender; drain.
- Add the water, cabbage, mushrooms, green pepper, soy sauce and the contents of seasoning packet from the noodles. Break noodles into small pieces; add to pan. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 379 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1202mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
May 3, 2015
My family loves this - even my picky 5 year old son who usually eats only PB&J sandwiches or cereal for dinner. It's inexpensive and easy to make! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Feb 28, 2015
I made this with what i had on hand: beef, onion, carrots, soy sauce and Ramen noodles. It was surprisingly flavorful.
Nov 12, 2014
We left out the mushrooms and it was just like eating a cabbage roll in a bowl. My family loved it and this recipe will definitely stay on our menu.
Sep 30, 2014
I love this recipe. I've been making it since I found it in TofH several years ago. It is a family favorite!
Mar 20, 2014
Tastes great and very easy to make, used ground venison
Jul 29, 2013
ever so simple and a pleasing meal for everyone. a keeper for those days when cooking feels like a chore.
Jan 1, 2013
My family likes this. I add in extra of each of the vegetables listed.
Mar 14, 2012
I could have maybe used a little bit more spice, but it was a good, quick meal!
Mar 8, 2011
I added ginger and garlic (figured it could only make it better) used twice as much ramen, water and shredded cabbage (bag of cole slaw mix). It was great! Will definitely modify further. The water chestnuts & snow peas look like a great idea.
Feb 27, 2011
My family and I loved this recipe! It is healthy, easy to make and delicious! A keeper - thanks!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.