Ramen Pork ‘n’ Peppers
Citrusy sweet-and-sour sauce coats strips of tender pork, crispy pepper and ramen noodles in the speedy stir-fry Diane Shipley fixes at home in Concord, Ohio. For extra kick, shake on some red pepper flakes!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup each chopped green, sweet red and yellow pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound cooked pork, cubed
- Cook noodles according to package directions (discard seasoning packet or save for another use); drain and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and pepper until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet. Add pork. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in noodles; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 540 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Originally published as Pork & Peppers in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.