This mildly flavored stir-fry combines tender strips of chicken with vegetables and popular ramen noodles. "I came up with this recipe when I wanted a quick-fix meal for myself," shares Dawn Boothe of Lynn Haven, Florida. "Sometimes I change the vegetables or substitute ground turkey for the chicken."
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large green pepper, cubed
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- In a bowl, place noodles in hot water for 2 minutes; drain and set aside. Discard seasoning package or save for another use. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry chicken in 1 teaspoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the green pepper, onion and garlic in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, broth, soy sauce, seasoning blend and noodles; toss gently. Add tomato; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p5
Reviews forRamen Noodle Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2013
"Nice, tasty, quick meal for my husband and I. I like the idea about using the seasoning packet instead of broth and will try that next time."