Ramen Noodle Salad with Sweet 'n' Sour Dressing Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Break noodles into small pieces (save seasoning envelope for another use). In a skillet over medium heat, saute noodles and walnuts in butter for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, broccoli, tomatoes and onions. Place dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Add dressing and noodle mixture to salad; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forRamen Noodle Salad with Sweet 'n' Sour Dressing
"We loved trying this recipe! I served it on the side with Asian chicken thighs and it was completely gone before I left the table. Not a drop left! 5-stars! I will make this again."
"Crunchy, light and great for any dinner or by itself.We love salads like this!"
"The sauted noodles and nuts add a satisfying and delicious crunch to the salad, everyone loves it."