With added crunch from ramen noodles and sunflower seeds, plus a sweet, glossy dressing, this lively salad is a definite crowd pleaser! —Beverly Sprague, Baltimore, Maryland
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch romaine, torn (7 cups)
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets (4 cups)
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- Whisk together first five ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Discard seasoning packet from noodles or save for another use. Break noodles into small pieces. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add noodles; saute until golden brown.
- Combine romaine, broccoli, onions, sunflower kernels and noodles. Just before serving, whisk dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Ramen Noodle Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p113