"My husband likes dense, hearty breads with a little crunch," says Lorraine Darocha of Mountain City, Tennessee. "So I took a basic wheat bread recipe and added crunchy sunflower seeds plus raisins and honey for sweetness. It's moist and tender but filling, too."
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select wheat bread setting*. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Raisin Wheat Bread in Light & Tasty April/May 2003, p57
Reviews forRaisin Wheat Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2008
"what size loaf does this make? does anyone know?"