- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups chopped unpeeled red apples
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- Sugar substitute* equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine raisins and boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Combine the raisins, apples, celery and lemon juice; toss. Combine the yogurt, pudding mix and sweetener if desired. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRaisin-Walnut Waldorf Salad
"I would only make it again by skipping the pudding mix or the sugar. It was way too sweet. Use one or the other but not both! Also would add more celery next time."