Raisin Sweet Potato Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 81 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Sweet Potato Cookies
"Truly enjoyed these cookies. And here is the but...replacing 1/2 of the butter with 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce did not change the perfection of these cookies other than the fat and cholesterol amounts."
"These cookies are so moist and delicious. Great recipe; will make again and again."
"These cookie were the best, since my family does like pumpkin, and this time of year that is most recipes. The sweet potato was a great idea. Not to sweet, just right."
"These cookies turned out yummy although it didn't yield as many as the original recipe instead of raisins I used craisins and they turned out fine"
"It's nice to read a review that someone doesn't change the recipe..I hate it when people but in their own way if making it. Leave it alone, it's not your recipe."
"Made a batch of these cookies today....They passed the test. A keeper for sure.....I made them as per recipe, didn't change a thing."