Raisin Sweet Potato Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteAs a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 168 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 1, 2015
this was perfect after Thanksgiving, when I had just enough left over sweet potatos so make the recipe- Using self rising flour made it easy. It was very moist and mildly flavored. I had jumbo raisens on hand. I think I may flour the pans next time.