This is a tasty bread with a moist center and crunchy crust. My mother asked me to make it for her 90th birthday party. Everyone who sampled it asked for the recipe.
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In another large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, oil, eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Raisin Sweet Potato Bread in Country Extra November 2003, p51
Reviews forRaisin Sweet Potato Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review