Raisin-Spice Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 325 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 13, 2014
Very flavorful and moist! Love the mixture of spices with pecans!
Dec 3, 2011
i make this at least once a week with a yellow gluten free mix. Very easy and tasty and I dont feel deprived. this has turned out to be a family fav.
May 4, 2009
I'd made this recipe a # of times and added 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips mixed with 1/8 c. all-purpose flour to the batter! This recipe has proved to be among my favorites to prepare! I used 1 package of COOK 'N SERVE butterscotch pudding mix since I'd had it available, but I didn't cook the pudding-I just added this mix to the cake mix! In fact, I prepared this cake 5/3/14 & I used a package (18-1/4-oz. spice cake mix, but still added the spices called for in the recipe for this cake!) I used 1/2 cup each of raisins and chopped pecans/walnuts as well! Rather than sprinkle with pecans, I just used them in the batter & I used 1/8 cup all-purpose flour in batter so that the chips/raisins/nuts wouldn't sink to bottom of the batter. I greased and floured a 13x9x2" baking pan and I baked cake at 350o F. for 45 minutes. I beat the batter 5 minutes at medium speed to ensure a well-blended cake batter!Thank you, Ruth Marie Lyons, for sharing this recipe with Quick Cooking! This recipe is a keeper in my book and one of my favorite recipes to prepare when I would like to whip up something quick! delowenstein