- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRaisin Snack Cake
"I made this it was Fabulous!!!. My whole family enjoyed very much after eating it. Thanks for this amazing recipe………http://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-dehradun"
"Excellent and easy. I used two mini loaf pans (5x3). The smaller size made it easier to remove. I also used the back of a spoon to "pat down" the sugar topping. Everyone is always asking for a copy of this recipe."