Raisin Snack Cake
Ana Colon in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin enjoys whipping up a batch of these down-home delicious raisin bars for breakfast, coffee breaks or dessert. “They couldn’t be much quicker or easier to make,” she says.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla; beat just until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Pour into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 106 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 26, 2016
Excellent and easy. I used two mini loaf pans (5x3). The smaller size made it easier to remove. I also used the back of a spoon to "pat down" the sugar topping. Everyone is always asking for a copy of this recipe.