This home—style dessert that takes just moments to prepare. “I often substitute white cupcakes for the pound cake,” says Charlene Turnbull from Wainwright, Alberta. “It’s one of our favorite desserts!”
Recommended: 30 Vintage Cakes Like Grandma Used To Make
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Vanilla ice cream
- With a serrated knife, cut pound cake in half widthwise; cut one half into four slices and set aside to thaw. Freeze remaining cake for another use.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in water until smooth. Add raisins. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and maple flavoring. Top each slice of cake with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with raisin sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Sauce for Pound Cake in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p21
Reviews forRaisin Sauce for Pound Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review