Raisin Ricotta Bread with Chive Butter
With golden raisins and ricotta cheese, this loaf is distinctive. Don’t skip the accompanying herb butter — it’s the crowning touch.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes1 mini loaf (6 slices) and 1/4 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped golden raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels, toasted, divided
- CHIVE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in the raisins. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, ricotta cheese, oil, cream and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened; fold in 1/4 cup sunflower seeds.
- Transfer to a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan (pan will be full). Sprinkle with remaining sunflower seeds.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine butter and chives. Serve with warm bread.