Raisin Pumpkin Bread
My family loves pumpkin bread, so I'm always looking for new ways to make it. My husband and daughter think this variation is the best. —Naomi Henderson, Ashburn, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, syrup, orange juice and zest; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until blended. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 205 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Raisin Pumpkin Bread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.