Raisin Pumpkin Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 297 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 25, 2017
Made these just this week with 1 healthy change an they are delicious! I used 1 cup unsweetened applesauce for the oil. I have had much success with this in other recipes also. I used all raisins no nuts.These are very moist an well spiced. I did not have a 15x10 pan so I used my 9x13 an baked just a few more minutes. Couldn't find the 3oz. cream cheese, so I used a regular size pack. Excellent!
Oct 17, 2012
These bars turned out very moist. I used 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce and fresh cooked pumpkin instead of the can. Delicious !
Nov 22, 2011
moist and flavourful.my guests ate it all up
Nov 11, 2009
I lost this recipe and am so glad I found it again!! Theses are the best pumpkin bars I've ever had. I subsitute dried cranberries for the raisins.
Oct 25, 2009
hi i tried this recipe just the other day, everyone that tasted it just loved it and wanted the recipe, after everyone left, i got myself a tall glass of milk and finshed off the rest. there were 6 left. i'm making more today.
Oct 3, 2008
Awesome! Easy to make. I love pumpkin desserts and substituted Cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips for the walnuts & raisins