Raisin Pumpkin Bars
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese, milk and vanilla in a bowl; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Spread over top; cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 297 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 30, 2019
I have been using this recipe for many years. It was originally published by Sun-Maid Raisins - the only difference is Sun-Maid uses 1/2 tsp Cloves (instead of 1/8) and 1/2 cup pecans (instead of 1/3). I have made it numerous times without the raisins.
Feb 25, 2017
Made these just this week with 1 healthy change an they are delicious! I used 1 cup unsweetened applesauce for the oil. I have had much success with this in other recipes also. I used all raisins no nuts.These are very moist an well spiced. I did not have a 15x10 pan so I used my 9x13 an baked just a few more minutes. Couldn't find the 3oz. cream cheese, so I used a regular size pack. Excellent!
Oct 17, 2012
These bars turned out very moist. I used 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce and fresh cooked pumpkin instead of the can. Delicious !
Nov 22, 2011
moist and flavourful.my guests ate it all up
Nov 11, 2009
I lost this recipe and am so glad I found it again!! Theses are the best pumpkin bars I've ever had. I subsitute dried cranberries for the raisins.
Oct 25, 2009
hi i tried this recipe just the other day, everyone that tasted it just loved it and wanted the recipe, after everyone left, i got myself a tall glass of milk and finshed off the rest. there were 6 left. i'm making more today.
Oct 3, 2008
Awesome! Easy to make. I love pumpkin desserts and substituted Cinnamon chips and white chocolate chips for the walnuts & raisins