Yellow cake mix, applesauce and raisins make this moist pleasantly spiced loaf a no-fuss favorite of LuEllen Spaulding. "I turn to this recipe when unexpected guests drop by because I usually have the ingredients in the cupboard," writes the Caro, Michigan baker. For a special occasion, top slices with fresh fruit.
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, applesauce, water, oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in raisins. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Raisin Pound Cake in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p21
Reviews forRaisin Pound Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 22, 2010
"I made this recipe in a Bundt pan, and served applesauce on each slice. The cake was moist and flavorful."