Raisin Pie Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, stir together sugar and flour. Add water and mix well. Stir in raisins, salt and cinnamon; cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Top with lattice crust, or cover with top crust and cut slits for steam to escape. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 467 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Pie
"It's hard to find a plain raisin pie recipe and this is a good one."
"I'm so glad to find this recipe here. I had copied it out of the Reminisce magazine many years ago, but lost it in a kitchen remodel this summer. I've made this pie many times, and it always receives rave reviews. The pure, rich raisin flavor is intense and appeals to raisin lovers, and pieces of this are the first to disappear at our community Fourth of July celebration. I also appreciate the fact that in all of the times that I've made it, it has never run over and made a mess in the oven. My great-grandmother was an excellent cook, but this recipe for raisin pie is definitely superior to hers."
"It was missing something and needed more flavor...just tasted like wet raisins. Sorry."
"I tried this recipe and was verydisappointed, would not make again.Way too bland & tasteless. I found my Mother's recipe and it has seeded raisins. lemon juice & orange peel. Everyone likes my Mom's recipe."