- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRaisin Nut Oatmeal
"Perfect way to start your day."
"Delicious! I made it in the rice cooker and it turned out really good. Thank you, Valerie, for sharing this recipe."
"This is such a delicious treat for the busy mornings. I love it because everyone can just grab a bowl and be on their way! I used almond milk as suggested and also doubled the oatmeal as it made it less soupy. :)"
"Really good. Made one alteration in substituting a can of apple pie filling for the apples when I doubled the recipe for my large crock pot. I also used almond milk as was suggested and everyone loved it."
"This was delicious. I love a good bowl of hearty oatmeal. I did use lactose free milk."
"I tried this recipe with almond milk and it was fabulous! My entire family loved it! So delicious!"
"Love it! My husband's favorite breakfast. I put in frig and he helps himself when ready to eat."
"This is soooo good! I made it for company prior to Thanksgiving, they all loved it. Very good."
"I will cut this recipe in half and put it in my little crockpot and perhaps shorten the time a bit."