Through the years, I've tried many sugarless dessert recipes. But these scones are by far the best. With lots of raisins and oatmeal, they make very satisfying treats.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine butter and oats. Stir in egg substitute, vanilla and sugar substitute. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to oat mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned.
Editor's Note: Use an artificial sweetener recommended for baking, such as Sweet N Low or Sweet One.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 77 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Raisin Mini-Scones in Country Woman November/December 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.