Raisin & Hummus Pita Wedges
The best part about this easy hummus appetizer is you can make your own hummus, or if you don't have time, you can purchase some at the store. It's a year-round food that everyone enjoys. —Helene Stewart-Rainville, Sackets Harbor, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped dates
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup hummus
- Snipped fresh dill or dill weed, optional
- Place raisins and dates in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Cut each pita into four wedges. Spread with hummus; top with raisins, dates and, if desired, dill.